Check Python is already installed or not
- To check if you have python installed on a Windows PC. Go to the Terminal and type
- If Python is installed, you will see the version of Python installed.
- Otherwise, install python using the following steps.
- Download and install Python from the official website: https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Check python version using the following command in the terminal.
Sample Output: Python 3.12.0
- Install the Python extension for Visual Studio Code: https://marketplace.visual studio.com/items?itemName=ms-python.python
Setting up the project
- Open Visual Studio Code
- Click on the “File” menu and select “New File”
- Save the file with the extension “.py”. For example - fibonacc.py
- Write your Python code in the file. Here I write the following code.
# The function fib(n) is defined. This function generates the Fibonacci sequence up to the nth term. # The function takes an integer n as input and prints the first n Fibonacci numbers separated by spaces. def fib(n): a = 0 b = 1 if n == 1: print(a) else: print(a) print(b) # Run a loop from 2 to n for i in range(2,n): c = a+b a = b b = c print(c) n = int(input("Enter the number of fibonacci numbers you want to print ")) fib(n)
- Save the file
- Open the command palette (Ctrl+Shift+P)
- Type “Python: Create Terminal”
- Click on the terminal that opens
python fibonacci.pyin the terminal. You will see the ouput.
- Run the application using
Runbutton on upper right corner of Visual Studio Code.
- Set a debug point and click Debug python file using upper right corner of Visual Studio Code.