I have deployed my application in a 64 bit OS and got the following error at the time of uploading an excel file.
Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file ‘c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Download\mahedee.xlsx’.
There are several possible reasons:
- The file name or path does not exist.
- The file is being used by another program.
- The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook.
- Create directory “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Desktop ” (for 64 bit Windows) or “C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop ” (for 32 bit Windows)
- Set Full control permissions for directory Desktop (for example in Win7 & IIS 7 & DefaultAppPool set permissions for user “IIS AppPool\DefaultAppPool”)