What is chatbot?
- Bot is an automated software designed by human programmers to do tasks
- Chatbot is an automated software to talk customer using messaging apps
- One to one messaging with thousands of customers at a time
- Available in 24/7
- Lots of application in real world
- Bank and Insurance
- HR issues
- Ordering Pizza
- Customer support
- Personal Finance Assistant
- Schedule Meeting
- Product Suggestions
- Weather forecasting etc.
What is Microsoft Bot Framework?
- A platform for building, connecting, testing and deploying powerful and intelligent bots
- Open source
- Connect cross platform with the flip of a switch
- Visual Studio 2015 / 2017 (In this demo I use Visual Studio 2017)
- Download Bot template: Visual Studio Bot Template – C# (http://aka.ms/bf-bc-vstemplate )
- Save the zip file to Visual Studio 2015/2017 template directory
“%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#”
- Start Visual Studio 2017
- From the file -> New->Project
- Select Visual C# template
- Select Bot Application
- Enter project name (For example DigitalAssistant)
- Browse save location
- Click OK
- A bot application with default structure will be created.
- Default project structure of a bot application shown below
Now run your application, you will see the following screen.
Test your project using bot emulator
- Download bot emulator from the following link
Install bot emulator
- Test your project by typing http://localhost:3979/api/messages in the emulator url
- Click Connect button of the emulator
- Now type some message in the emulator
- You will see the following screen
- If you see the reply message like this, it means its means it works properly.